Tuesday 19 October 2010

preparing for music video and my role

I have practised with a camera different types of shot, to get an idea of what type of shot we want to use and how to do it. we went outside of lesson time and shot close up, medium close up, over the shoulder, point of view and other types of shot. We then went into the media suite to practice how to edit them and what you could do to them. I learnt how to do different type of edits and how to use the software on the apple mac computers. this benefited me as I am now able to identify different types of edit and when it comes to editing our music video i can make it look effect and appeal to our target audience.
Also as the editor i have researched different editing techniques we could incorporate in our video, I've looked at different tutorials of final cut pro editing on Youtube, and doing background research on the internet.  I have also looked at the many different music videos of our music genre to see what types of common edits were used in the videos most of them use straight- cuts or cut aways. I've decided to stick to mainly using straight cuts in our music video, i did not want to add to many edits as the video may begin to look tacky, and the audience would not continue watching. As an editor i have to ensure that our finished music video is eye catching to our target audience, to promote and sell the song and our artist. i must work along side the director (ariba and nora) and the producer (warsan) to ensure our music video fits their idea's.

No comments:

Post a Comment